Kakaako - Honolulu, Hawaii
Event Calendar Item
Ala Moana-Kakaako Neighborhood Board No.11 - Community Action Committee Meetings
Date: Tuesday - 7/27/2021
Time: 6:30 p.m
Ala Moana-Kakaako Neighborhood Board No. 11
July 2021 Agenda
INITIAL CONVENING AGENDA
TUESDAY, JULY 27, 2021, 6:30 P.M.
KAP LAMA HALE CONFERENCE ROOM
925 DILLINGHAM BOULEVARD, ROOM 153
And On Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/95923931082?pwd=QzhaSENMcFhpanhNdDY1L1NpRmVMQT09
Meeting ID: 959 2393 1082
Passcode (login via computer/mobile device): nb11
Passcode (for dial-in only): 672097
Join by Phone: +1-253-215-8782 or +1-346-248-7799
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aBTCAq9Ug
Social Distancing: Physical attendance at the meeting is restricted, in accordance with the Mayors Emergency Order No. 2021-09. Please use the video-teleconference link, or watch the lelo 49 broadcast to the extent possible. Written testimony may be also provided to the board via email using the contact information provided on the Neighborhood Commission website. Use of facial coverings is mandatory for all meeting participants. Please remain 6 feet apart and sit in the designated seats.
Video-Teleconference: The Board will be making a good faith effort to provide the public with the opportunity to observe the meeting as it happens and an opportunity to provide oral testimony without a physical presence in the physical meeting room, in accordance with the Governors Twenty-First Proclamation Related to the Covid-19 Emergency. Please ensure that your computer or phone is muted unless you are speaking.
Rules of Speaking: Please indicate a desire to speak by (1) using the Raise Hand feature that is accessed via the Reactions button at the bottom control panel; (2) placing a comment in the chatbox; (3) activating your video camera and physically raising your hand; or (4) making a verbal request at the appropriate time. When recognized by the Chair, please keep your comments relevant and under three (3) minutes.
Note: The Board may take action on any agenda item. As required by the State Sunshine Law (HRS 92), specific issues not noted on this agenda cannot be voted on, unless added to the agenda. A two-thirds (2/3) vote (8) of this eleven (11)-member Board is needed to add an item to the agenda. Adding an item to the agenda, however, is not permitted if (1) the item to be added is of reasonably major importance and (2) action on the item by the board will affect a significant number of persons. Determination of whether a specific matter may be added to an agenda must be done on a case-by-case basis.
OATH OF OFFICE For Board members, who did not attend the Virtual Installation Ceremony on Saturday, June 27, 2021.
1. Call to Order: Chair Pro Tem Ryan Tam
1.1 Roll call
2. Election of Officers to Serve from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2020
2.1 The officers to be elected are the Chair, one or more Vice Chairs, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and any other officer(s) determined to be needed to conduct the boards business [NP §2-14-120(b)].
3. Public Safety Reports
3.1 Honolulu Fire Department (HFD)
3.2 Honolulu Police Department (HPD)
4. Filling of Vacancies (Proof of residency required, Oath of Office as needed)
4.1 Subdistrict 1 Official boundary description: Beginning at the junction of King Street and Kal kaua Avenue, southeast along Kal kaua Avenue to Kapi olani Boulevard, thence west along Kapi olani Boulevard to Ke eaumoku Street, thence northeast along Ke eaumoku Street to King Street, thence southeast along King Street to Kal kaua Avenue.
5. Board Administration
5.1 Meeting Determination Date/Time/Location (August 2021 to June 2022)
5.2 Determination of Board Recess Schedule (August 2021 to June 2022)
5.3 Request to participate in the lelo broadcast program or to request funds for an annual newsletter
5.4 Adoption of Oral Testimony Rules
5.5 Consider formation of Community Action Committee
6. Presentations (5 minute presentation + 5 minutes for question/answer)
6.1 Homelessness Strategy Update Executive Director Anton Krucky, Mayors Office of Housing
7. Board Business
7.1 Approval of the January 26, 2021 and June 22, 2021 Regular Meeting Minutes
7.2 Attendance at other meetings
7.3 Neighborhood Updates
7.4 Treasurers Report
7.5 Oahu Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizens Advisory Committee
8. New Business (Discussion/Action)
8.1 Discuss/Consider Resolution to Support Lowering the Voting Age to Sixteen Years of Age
8.2 Discuss/Consider Resolution Regarding Ala Wai Promenade Improvements
8.3 Discuss Ala Moana Transit Oriented Development Plan
8.4 Residential Development in Kaka ako (Makai of Ala Moana Boulevard)
9. Residents and Community Concerns (3 minutes per speaker)
10. Elected Official Reports (3 minutes each)
10.1 Mayor Rick Blangiardis Representative - Makanani Sal , Executive Director, Mayors Office of Culture and the Arts
10.2 City Councilmember Carol Fukunaga (District 6)
10.3 City Councilmember Calvin Say (District 5)
10.4 City Council Chair Tommy Waters (District 4)
10.5 State Representative Adrian Tam (District 22)
10.6 State House Speaker Scott Saiki (District 26)
10.7 State Senator Sharon Moriwaki (District 12)
10.8 Governor David Ige's Representative Cindy McMillan, Director of Communications
10.9 U.S. Congressman Ed Case Chad Wolke, staff
11. Agency Reports (3 minutes each)
11.1 Hawaii Community Development Authority (HCDA) Craig Nakamoto
11.2 Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART)
11.3 Honolulu Board of Water Supply (BWS)
12.1 Permit Reviews: Development proposals that require neighborhood board input are posted at: http://www.honoluludpp.org/ApplicationsForms/ZoningandLandUsePermits/NeighborhoodBoardMaterials.aspx.
12.2 Next Meeting The next regular meeting of the Ala Moana/Kaka ako Neighborhood Board No. 11 is scheduled for Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at a time and location to be determined.
12.3 lelo Broadcasts Broadcasts of the Ala Moana-Kaka ako Neighborhood Board No. 11 meetings are on lelo 49 on the first and third Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m., and every second Sunday at 6:00 p.m. The full schedule is at https://olelo.org/tv-schedule/) or full archive at https://www.honolulu.gov/cms-nco-menu/site-nco-sitearticles/1657-board-meeting-video-archive.html
• A mailing list is maintained for interested persons and agencies to receive this boards agenda and minutes. Additions, corrections, and deletions to the mailing list may be directed to the Neighborhood Commission Office (NCO) at Kap lama Hale, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817; Telephone (808) 768-3710 Fax (808) 768-3711; or contact Neighborhood Assistant Spencer Johnson via email to Spencer.email@example.com. Agendas and minutes are also available at http://www.honolulu.gov/nco.
• Any individual wishing to attend a Neighborhood Board meeting who has questions about accommodations for a physical disability or a special physical need should call the NCO at 768-3710 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at least three (3) business days before the scheduled meeting.
• All written testimony must be received in the Neighborhood Commission Office 48 hours prior to the meeting. If within 48 hours, written and/or oral testimony may be submitted directly to the board at the meeting. If submitting written testimony, please note the board and agenda item(s) your testimony concerns. Send to: Neighborhood Commission Office, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817. Fax: (808) 768-3711. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Powered by MBC CalendarMaker
Events subject to change without notice
- RELATED LINKS
- Ala Moana - Kakaako Neighborhood Board No. 11
Come learn about what's going on in the Kakaako community!
Check out things to do in Kakaako, Hawaii on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in the Kakaako, Hawaii community.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kakaako, Hawaii Community More...
- Kakaako, Hawaii Coupons & Discounts
Save money in Kakaako, Hawaii with these coupons.
- Kakaako, Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kakaako has to offer.
- About Kakaako - Honolulu Hawaii
Learn about Kakaako, Hawaii.
- About Kakaako Hawaii .com
Learn about Kakaako Hawaii .com website and its creator.